• More about yesterdays blacklisting
  • Posted on April 16, 2010

I did not have a Virus or anything like that on my Homepage, but it was probably the right call from Google to blacklist my homepage. Aperantly when I updated my homepage theme I bought with me a iFrame link that loaded 1px height of a homepage with Virus and Trojans. It does not look like it was harmful as the other site was blacklisted to.

I found out late yesterday that many of my HTML files on my computer had that iFrame link to and some still do (I have some cleaning to do). My computer had a big Virus outbreak a while ago and I think the Virus spread the iFrame link to as many HTML documents it could. Then my Virus software did not notice it as the link in it self is not a Virus.

Funny and tragic at the same time. The sad part is that the browser Chrome also gave me a false positive that something was wrong with my plugins. In panic i deleted some of them and reinstalled most of them. The sad part is that it looks like most of the drawings and pictures went away to. But I’m slowly uploading them again. At least the ones I can find the right place. Maybe some of them can be restored by a backup or something.

Anyhow, this site is safe again. But I did not know Google had that power of blacklisting. Firefox and Chrome warned about the site as well as the Google site. Internet Explorer did not and probably not the other search engines. I do not know about other browsers.